MAGERWA Ltd would like to recruit qualified and experienced HSE Executive
- Establish and maintain strategies/procedures to mitigate security & safety incidents resulting from the nature of MAGERWA core business towards attaining 0 incidents. Carry out risk assessments and suggest risk mitigating measures that could reduce the impact to MAGERWA. This would cover scenarios such as fire, flood, theft, corruption, accident, incident, and any other type of risk that can affect MAGERWA.
- Crime Prevention and Investigation: Coordinate investigation with relevant departments and partner authorities for all acts of crime, incidents,/accidents or any losses incurred to determine those responsible and for recovery. Personally, conduct door lock checks, CCTV surveillance equipment, etc, to handle investigations. This would also include a comprehensive crime prevention plan that would protect MAGERWA life and property.
- Personnel training and enforcement of policies & procedures: Work with HR to organiie and conduct all HSE training matters where necessary for all departments. Ensure that all staff are properly trained in emergency procedures and maintain an ongoing training/retraining program to ensure that all staff are always familiar with procedures.
- Knowledge in ISO management system, especially in ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 9001:2015.
- Experienced and proficient in document controls and documentation management.
- Reporting: Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements. Record incidents, accidents, near misses and produce statistics for managers and Headquarters reports. Involved as secretariat in MAGERWA HSE Committee and relevant meetings.
- Reporting to HSE manager and be involved in all HSE related matters including site inspections and audits when required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized higher learning institution
- Proven working experience in an organization / company with at least 3 years in the field of Health, Safety & Environment (HSE).
- Good understanding on the local safety and environmental regulation requirements and its interpretation.
- Must not be above 35 years of age
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours, when needed
- Well conversant with report writing and good command on MS office.
- Having a certification in HSE will be an added advantage
- Need to be proficient in spoken and written English language.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum Vitae, 3 referees or recommendations and to be addressed to the CEO of MAGERWA Ltd, through central secretariat.
The submission for this application will be closed on 10 June 2022 at 5PM.
Done at Kigali, 23 May 2022